Are you considering Invisalign for yourself or your child? Invisalign is gaining popularity as more people would rather straighten their teeth in a less noticeable, more comfortable way. Invisalign has many advantages over traditional braces, but patients and parents still tend to have a lot of questions. One of the most frequently asked questions is how much does Invisalign cost in Iowa City, IA? Here’s what you can expect.
Average Cost of Invisalign Treatment
You can expect a quote somewhere in the vicinity of $3,000-$7,000 for Invisalign treatment. This typically includes the initial consultation, the complete set of aligners and retainers, as well as any appointments for monitoring along the way.
Not every patient will receive the same quote for Invisalign. The cost varies based on a number of factors.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Invisalign
Why doesn’t Invisalign cost the same amount for every patient at every orthodontist’s office? Because of the following factors:
- The Extent of Your Orthodontic Needs. Not every patient will need identical treatment. Some patients’ teeth need significant shifting and others’ may only need minor adjustments. The course of treatment is completely planned out from the beginning. All of the necessary aligners are created at the start, and some patients will need more than others, which increases the overall cost of treatment.
- The Length of your Treatment. The more aligners you need, the longer your treatment will take. That means more appointments for monitoring and a higher cost to your orthodontist, which translates to a higher cost for you.
- Your Orthodontist’s Pricing. Some orthodontists will charge more for Invisalign than others. It may be due to a higher level of experience or other factors such as their general operating costs.
- The Geographic Location of Your Orthodontist’s Office. The cost of living in an area affects everything from the price of groceries to medical costs. Invisalign pricing varies from place to place due to the cost of operating the orthodontic practice in the area. The overall cost of living in Iowa City, IA is less than the national average, but the cost of healthcare is higher.
- Whether or Not You Have Insurance. If your dental insurance covers braces, you may pay less out of pocket than someone without insurance. Insurance coverage for orthodontics will not usually cover the entire cost of treatment.
What Happens if I Lose an Aligner? Will That Add to the Overall Cost of Treatment?
At the start of your treatment, you will be given a complete set of aligners to wear throughout the entire course of treatment. You will wear each aligner for about 2 weeks and then switch to the next in a specific order. If you lose one of your aligners before you have completed the 2 week wear period, you may need to have it replaced. Replacing an aligner may come at an additional cost.
Dr. Suzanne Stock, Orthodontist, is a Certified Invisalign Provider
For an orthodontist to offer Invisalign, they must earn a certification to provide treatment. Dr. Suzanne Stock is a certified Invisalign provider and also an experienced orthodontist. If you or your child are an ideal candidate for Invisalign, we can provide you with this treatment and monitor your progress along the way to ensure success. If Invisalign is not right for you, we offer traditional metal braces as well as clear braces.
Contact Dr. Suzanne Stock today to schedule a consultation. We look forward to helping you transform your smile.