Are you interested in Invisalign? Invisalign is a clear aligner system for straightening teeth and realigning bite patterns. As an alternative to braces, Invisalign uses clear plastic trays that fit over the teeth to gently shift them into alignment. They are virtually invisible on your teeth and removable for your convenience.
In order to determine whether or not you are a good candidate for Invisalign, you’ll need to schedule an evaluation. If you think Invisalign is right for you, here’s what you can expect at your consultation.
What Your Invisalign Consultation Will Entail
You can expect the following to occur at your consultation:
- A conversation. The consultation begins with a conversation between you and the orthodontist about Invisalign. Your orthodontist will explain what Invisalign is and how it works. You will then have the opportunity to ask questions and decide whether or not to proceed with an evaluation.
- An evaluation. The orthodontist will assess your teeth and jaw to determine whether or not Invisalign would be an effective treatment for you. Some orthodontic problems are too severe to be treated with Invisalign and may require braces or more complex treatment.
- A recommendation. After a brief evaluation your orthodontist will provide a recommendation regarding Invisalign. If you are a good candidate for this treatment, you will have the opportunity to discuss it and think about it before making a decision. The cost of treatment and insurance will also be disclosed at this time. Some people are ready to make a decision on the day of their consultation and others may need more time to think it over. Take your time and consider all of the pros and cons before making a decision about Invisalign treatment.
If I Decide to Proceed With Invisalign, What’s the Next Step?
When you make the decision to start Invisalign treatment, the next step is to take images and make impressions. The images and impressions of your teeth are taken and submitted through Invisalign software to the lab where your aligners will be created. A complete set of aligners that will shift your teeth into the correct position are sent to your orthodontist where you will receive them and start your treatment. You will be instructed to wear each aligner for about 2 weeks before switching to the next one in order. Once you have moved through all of your aligners, your treatment will be complete. You’ll just need to wear retainers to maintain your results.
What NOT to Expect At Your Invisalign Consultation
Now that you know what to expect at your Invisalign consultation, here’s what you can not expect:
- No pressure. The orthodontist and staff at Dr. Stock’s office will not pressure you into making a decision on the day of your consultation. Orthodontic treatment requires a time commitment as well as a financial commitment. Please contact us with any questions you may have after your consultation.
- No treatment. You will not begin treatment on the day of your consultation. If you decide to proceed with treatment at the time of your consultation, images and impressions will be scheduled in order to prepare your aligners. You won’t begin treatment for a few weeks.
- No pain. There is nothing painful about your consultation. All of the assessments and evaluations are completely pain-free.
Dr. Suzanne Stock Provides Invisalign Treatment
If you’re looking for an Invisalign provider in Iowa City, Fairfield, Washington, or Williamsburg, Iowa, Dr. Stock has an office conveniently located in your area. We provide complimentary first time evaluations for orthodontic treatment of any kind.
Contact us to schedule a consultation.